Job Title: Unity Developer
Company: Hidden Creative
Location: Manchester, UK (hybrid - onsite and WFH)
Term: Full time
Are you a tenacious developer that enjoys challenges? Do you want to create immersive experiences in VR? Would you relish the opportunity and freedom to develop your skills and career?
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Unity developer to join our expanding team.
At Hidden, we work with some of the largest engineering and pharmaceutical companies in the world and we bring our powerful mix of top quality creative and technical skills to create highly effective digital experiences.
People are the reason for our success. Sharp technical and creative minds are the driving force behind our growing business, so our top priority is to nurture a working environment where talent flourishes within a friendly atmosphere.
- Design, build and maintain clean, robust and reusable code in our fast paced working environment.
- Continuously assess working methods and processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Plan projects for yourself and other members of the Development team.
- Working closely with the design and 3D departments to exceed client expectations.
What we require
- Minimum 3-4 years professional use of Unity in a work environment.
- Great problem solving mindset, capable of abstracting from designs and requirements and translating everything into concepts, systems and engaging experiences.
- Ability to implement anything you can imagine in Unity (including WebGL, VR, XR)
- Experience with Photon and JAVA Script is useful.
- Determination - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig to find it and never give up.
- The motivation to learn and improve - there is always something else to know or refine.
- Good communication skills and the desire to be a team player, but enjoy working on your own sometimes.
- A desire to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference in advancing your skills.
What we offer
- An open mind to new ideas and new methodologies.
- A company in the immersive space that is growing rapidly and is looking for the best of the best.
- A top-notch portfolio and full pipeline of interesting and exciting video projects.
- A friendly, focused and supportive team of high level professionals
We offer an environment to thrive and grow whilst developing a powerful mix of top quality creative and technical skills to generate highly effective immersive and digital experiences for some of the largest companies in the world.
You will receive 24 days of annual leave along with a day off for your birthday and all UK bank holidays. We run a company pension scheme and we invest in a dedicated training budget to accelerate your career progression in the direction you want.
We are committed to flexible working and have adopted a hybrid working system enabling you to work remotely as well as in our Manchester City Centre office when required.
We are a close knit team, with a deep level of appreciation for each other’s needs and requirements. We invest time and resources into our team with their personal development, as well as celebrating our successes and team spirit. We recognise the hard work that goes into the high quality projects we produce and regularly reward our staff to show our appreciation.
What it’s like to work at Hidden:
“If you enjoy working with Unity, facing challenges, pushing back boundaries with XR and trying new technologies, this role is for you. We're looking for someone that fits in our great working atmosphere, because that is the most important aspect for all of us." - Andres, Senior Developer